Your Police Safer Neighbourhoods Update
Your Safer Neighbourhoods Teams and I want to wish you a Happy New Year. It's been a busy 2016 from the start - Your High Street Officers PCs Stanton & Preston have been giving out crime prevention advice regarding their fight against priority crime, whilst your Neighbourhood Officers have been concentrating on investigating and preventing burglaries as well as encouraging people to keep valuables safe. This is the time of year where we push operation Bumble Bee - the Mets push against burglary.
Come along to quarterly ward panel meetings to meet your ward's teams and ask them how they deal with issues and what their priorities are. See http://content.met.police.uk/Borough/Lambeth for the next ward panel meetings and where they will meet.
Advice on Burglary Prevention
Burglary is a serious issue so these are Operation Bumblebee's top advice and helpful tips for protecting your property:
1. Close and lock doors and windows, even if only going out for a few minutes
2. Keep valuables out of sight.
3. Fit a mortice locks to your external doors. Consider installing an Alarm.
4. Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home.
5. Do not leave your car keys or documents near a door, letter box or window.
6. Always check who’s at the door and don’t open it if you feel anxious.
7. Always keep sheds and outbuildings locked.
8. Mark or etch your property with your postcode, house or flat number or
the first three letters of your house name.
9. Register items with a serial number at www.immobilise.com.
10. Cancel milk or other deliveries if you will be away for periods of time.
11. Finally two useful tips for your garden: keep trees and bushes cut back, don’t let burglars
hide behind them, and remember to move rubbish bins away from gates.
For more information see: http://content.met.police.uk/Site/crimepreventionbumblebee